Time for some brain power. Read the documents below (there’s more info elsewhere on the music tech blog) and be prepared to give a definition for ALL of the following terms in class:
- Binary code
- status bytes and data bytes
- what is a MIDI message?
- what are channel and system messages?
- why does pitch bend have a wider range of numbers (than 0-127)?
- continuous controllers
- program change
- when was MIDI introduced?
- What is a MIDI file?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of MIDI files VS. audio files?