In our supportive and helpful community of music technologists we’re going to create some revision resources for our classmates. These will form a starting point for your further research into the ‘Club Dance’ style.
In pairs, choose one artist from the list below (please consult with the rest of the class so there’s no duplication).
- Fat Boy Slim
- Groove Armada
- Bomb Da Bass
- Roni Size
- Chemical Brothers
- Daft Punk
- Erik Prydz
Then, using the power of the world wide web find the following information on your chosen artist:
- When was the band formed, or when did the artists recording career commence?
- Where is the artist/band from?
- Band members and use of instrumentation/technology
- Significant recordings (albums or singles)
- Key musical characteristics
- How did this band/artist contribute to the development of the genre?
- Notable production techniques/developments associated with the band/artist
- Main lyrical subject matter (This may not be applicable)
- Band/artist’s record label(s)
Record your findings in a word document and be prepared to give a very short presentation – including Youtube video extracts – next week. Submit you completed work to the “Club Dance” folder in the “Homework Submissions” area on the network.