2. Here is a segment from a great introduction to the world of hip-hop. Watch this..
You now have two tasks to complete by the start of term in September.
- When and where the style evolved
- What were it’s stylistic influences
- Key Artists (no more than six)
- How the music was recorded
4. Write a 300-500 word album review of the Hip-hop album It Takes a Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back by Public Enemy. Your review should discuss all aspects of the recording, including:
- Use of instruments/voices
- How tracks were created
- Use of samples
- Lyrical subject matter
- Check out this video – there are two further short videos also available via Pitchfork covering the album.
Please submit both of these tasks in a single Word document and email to me at email@example.com by Monday 3rd September 2012.
Your work will then be marked and returned for you, during the week commencing 10th September 2012. Thanks and have a great summer..