Take a moment to check an old school master..I introduce Mr Bernard Purdie..
Following on from our excellent progress in sequencing this week, a little reminder of your homework task:
- Create a Logic Project
- Locate a “natural” sounding drum kit software instrument:
- Duplicate this track so there are two or three tracks
- Create a ONE BAR (verse) 4/4 drum groove using Kick, Snare & Hi-Hats
- Pleas ensure that you use appropriate QUANTISING.
- This groove must also include 16th note syncopated ghost notes – snare or kick drum.
- Once you have your fine one bar groove, copy it for a total of 8 bars.
- NOW, create a contrasting (chorus) drum groove using the same process.
- These two grooves should then last for a total of 16 bars and complement each other so they feel like a verse and chorus rhythm track.
- JOB DONE!