Really impressive work on chord extensions this week..a great start to this interesting harmonic stuff..
Just to clarify the HW task:
- compose TWO contrasting diatonic chord sequences
- they must include SOME USE OF chord extensions (only as appropriate though, use your musicality)
- do experiment with chord voicings to create interesting and smooth movement between chords – it can be useful to think in terms of individual voices within the chords and how they move to a note in the following chord.
- Please include rhythm tracks to establish a sense of style.
- Nearly forgot…please also write out the chord progressions with correct chord symbols and notate the chords (you don’t need to write out chord rhythms, just notate the voicings used)
I look forward to having a listen in class next Tuesday.