Your task is to create FOUR, four bar grooves in a Logic Project using two different basslines found by clicking on Bootsy Collins, below:
You will need to figure out how to change tempo using the TEMPO TRACK. So that each bass line plays at the correct tempo…!
- First download these bass lines, then choose one that you like and drag it into your project. YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE AND AUDIO TRACK FIRST, then drag the bassline audio file onto the audio track.
- Each bass line includes the TEMPO that you will need to set for the project.
- Then create a four bar drum groove that works to enhance the inherent rhythms of the bass groove. Your grooves might include a drum fill in the fourth bar of the groove.
- You must create the grooves yourself using drum kit software instruments. Please try to make the grooves sound as “natural” and human as possible with careful velocity shaping.
SUCCESS CRITERIA ARE THE SAME AS AGREED IN CLASS:
1. Is the groove in time and correctly quantised?
2. Is the drum kit choice appropriate for the style?
3. Is the groove stylistically appropriate?