The finest A2 class of all time – hands down, have created some beautiful and highly useful revision aids…enjoy!
Time for some brain power. Read the documents below (there’s more info elsewhere on the music tech blog) and be prepared to give a definition for ALL of the following terms in class:
- Binary code
- status bytes and data bytes
- what is a MIDI message?
- what are channel and system messages?
- why does pitch bend have a wider range of numbers (than 0-127)?
- continuous controllers
- program change
- when was MIDI introduced?
- What is a MIDI file?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of MIDI files VS. audio files?